Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Summer of Weddings Part 2

The second wedding that I attended this summer was in Philadelphia. It's only a two hour bus trip away, but I decided to stay overnight so that I could see some of the city, as I've never been before. I found a great hostel to stay in, the apple hostel, right in the heart of old city.

I arrived around 4 pm, and was able to see a few of the sites before they closed. I went to the Betsy Ross house. I hadn't realized that few people knew that she designed the flag during her lifetime. They also have a neat program called Once Upon a Nation where they have storytellers tell stories from the city's history.

After the historical areas closed, I wandered around Chinatown. Here's a view of the downtown.

_0120051

Here's a self-portrait in a window.

_0120011

The next day I attended a Quaker service at one of the oldest Quaker buildings in America. Then I went to the wedding.

V and A had a very fun, relaxed wedding that fit their style. The ceremony was at a park right across from their house. Here's their front door.

090524_WD_087_w

V choose a vintage dress.

090524_WD_036_w

The reception was at a science fiction bookstore.

090524_WD_089_w

Specially decorated for the evening.

090524_WD_093_w

The cake is Alf.

090524_WD_094_w

The highlight of the reception was when A's grandfather broke out the harmonica.

090524_WD_122_w

The cake cutting.

090524_WD_146_w

The bouquet toss. (Taken by a friend of V & A's with a sweet vintage polaroid camera.)

4147_112577455026_615820026_3127320_3486129_n

Me and V

4207_574486013399_13806606_34199911_7801296_n

1 comment:

Natasha and Jesse said...

Great pictures. Yay for weddings- V looks very happy!