Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lost and Found

I finally gathered up the rolls of 120 film I had laying around and took them to be processed. It's always fun to see what turns up when you've forgotten what was on the film. One of the rolls turned out to be holga photos from the family reunion trip to the beach. Here are some hidden gems:

---_0001

The last pickle in the jar. (And my toes!) It was a full jar when we got to the beach.

---_0002

Sisters and cousins

---_0005

Squinting

It was a lovely, although cold, day at the beach. Glad that it turned up again on this cold rainy January night.

2 comments:

Janice said...

What's a holga photo?

a.k.a. Olivia said...

holga is a type of camera. It's actually a cheap plastic camera that takes larger film and makes square photos. It tends to let in light where it shouldn't, but gives a nice, nostalgic feel to the photos. I like taking it when I don't want to worry about hauling around a heavy camera. It's great at the beach, because I don't worry about sand and water.