Thursday, December 11, 2008

My one and only

So, my sister did not like my joke. The one about her being my favorite sister, seeing as how she is my only sister. (Although I do have a new sister-in-law, which is exciting!) My brothers actually started this joke. They used to tell me all the time how I was their favorite sister. Then, when my sister was born, they would say that I was there favorite older sister. (My sister & I are bookends, I'm the oldest and she's the youngest.)

I could have said that she would write something involving muskrats. Or that she is the fierce one (I mean that in a good way. While I often feel shy and reserved, she is braver. She used to take people's faces in both of her hands and squeeze to show how much she loved them.) I could also argue with her that although she is my only biological sister, I do have other sisters in spirit, but she is my favorite overall.

My sister has told me that in her mind, I'm perfect. I could say the same of her. I love everything about her. (Even though I tell her that she's weird sometimes.) She's artistic, energetic, passionate, and empathetic. She's wise beyond her years. Maybe in part because she's grown up as the youngest and been expected to keep up with all of us.

But what it comes down to, really, is that no matter what, she is my sister, and I will always love and adore her.