Thursday, November 6, 2008

Everyday is Halloween at our house

That's what my dad used to tell his 7th grade students, anyway. At the photo studio where I work, we do a costume contest every year at Halloween where we photograph kids and adults from the neighborhood in costume, for free. This is the 3rd year that we've done it. We started just after I started working there. My job is to sit outside and get people's names, a description of their costume (so that we can figure out the names of the winners) and their contact info. It's fun to see everyone's costumes, but by the end of the night I'm usually exhausted and a little grouchy from dealing with the line.

Here's my costume from this year:
2008_jellyfish

I'm a jellyfish, if you can't tell. (My boss's guess was a rainbow rain. Probably since last year's costume was more conceptual.) I did tell one parent that asked what I was that I was feeling more like the victim of a jellyfish.

Last year's:
2007_sock

Most who ventured a guess said I was a dryer. My title was "the place where all the missing socks go." My headband and collar are socks as well.

Our first year:
2006_sunflower

I'm supposed to be a sunflower. I made the headband myself. The blue sweater is the sky, the green shirt the leaves and stem. Unfortunately, the wire I put in the leaves wasn't that strong, so they flopped down. One little boy exclaimed, "Look! She's a banana peel!"


3 comments:

Emily said...

just so you know, i knew you were a jellyfish without having to read the text. i thought it was a great costume!

Warren said...

The jelly fish costume is easily one of the best home made costumes I've ever seen! Very cool.

a.k.a. Olivia said...

Thanks! I got the idea from attending the mermaid parade, there were some jellyfish there.